Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Bottled By: Ian Macleod Distillers 8x1.5cl
Tasting time again! Join Whisky-Online and our host Gordon Dundas, International Brand Ambassador for Ian Macleod Distillers, for a fun and informative Virtual Whisky Tasting.
Gordon's whisky career has now spanned over 17 years and he will bring a wealth of knowledge and many a funny story to the whisky tasting.
The main focus of the evening is, of course, on Glengoyne and Tamdhu, the two fantastic distilleries owned by Ian Macleod Distillers, but we'll also be trying their cracking 'As We Get It' brand (a Whisky-Online favourite). The mystery dram for this tasting is a little special and something not available for general sale, except to those of you lucky enough to purchase one of these tasting packs and attend the evening.
Certainly one not to be missed!!
Date: Friday 23rd July 2021
Time: 19:30 BST
Where: Virtual tasting via Zoom
How it works and what you get:
1. Order a tasting pack here.
2. Your pack containing 8 x 1.5cl drams will then be shipped out to you the week before the tasting. An email with the zoom link and a 10% discount code for bottle samples on the evening will be sent out during the week of the tasting.
3. On the 23rd July 2021 click the link at 19:15 BST (to allow for any technical issues you may encounter) and you will be accepted into the tasting at the 19:30 start time.
4. Relax and get ready to pour, listen, taste, and ask as many questions as you wish.
*Please note that the 10% off voucher can only be redeemed on the full-size bottle versions of the whiskies tasted on the evening from Whisky-Online Shop and will be valid for 3 days from the date of the tasting.
*Please note that it is advisable to familiarise yourself with Zoom prior to the tasting. If you would like assistance with this please email tim@whisky-Online.com. Please do not leave this until the day of the tasting.
- Glengoyne 12 Year Old
- Glengoyne The Legacy Series Chapter 2
- Glengoyne Cask Strength Batch 008
- Glengoyne 21 Year Old
- Tamdhu 12 Year Old
- Tamdhu 15 Year Old
- As we Get It Cask Strength Islay Single Malt
- Mystery Dram (A special limited edition only available for participants to purchase)
Gordon has been working in the whisky industry directly for over 17 years. Although he started his career as an engineer and then worked in the Sports events and hospitality industry, he had always had an interest in the wonderful whisky world. Gordon started working for the international title Whisky Magazine in 2003, gaining incredible insights and knowledge of the whisky industry and setting up the famous Whisky Live shows internationally in the US, Asia and Australia.
In 2011 Gordon joined Morrison Bowmore Distillers (and laterally Beam Suntory) as Global Brand Ambassador, working in European, Asian and Travel Retail markets, working initially on Bowmore, Auchentoshan and Glen Garioch before taking over the whole Beam Suntory whisky portfolio.
Gordon was honoured to be appointed a Keeper of the Quaich in 2013.
In 2017, Gordon joined family-owned Ian MacLeod Distillers Ltd (IMD) as International Brand Ambassador. IMD were awarded Whisky Magazine’s 2018 Distiller of the Year, and are producers of the award-winning Glengoyne, Tamdhu and Smokehead single malt whiskies along with Edinburgh Gin. In 2017 IMD also purchased Rosebank and are currently in the process of rebuilding this iconic distillery.
Gordon’s whisky journey is always ongoing and he loves the international travel it brings, the fabulous people around the world enjoying whisky and working with a team of talented people!