Octomore Edition 12.3 5 Year Old | The Impossible Equation

Product SKU: 10750

Shipping Rate: 3
Out of stock

Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky 
Distillery Bottling 70cl / 62.1%

The third instalment of Bruichladdich's uber-peated Octomore 12 series released in autumn 2021, Octomore 12.3 5-year-old was distilled from Concerto barley harvested from a single field on Octomore farm and peated to 118ppm.

For Octomore 12.3, 75% of the spirit was matured in first fill American whiskey casks, while the remaining 25% was fully matured in first fill Pedro Ximenez sherry butts. The assemblage has been bottled as a 5-year-old without colouring or chill filtration at a whopping 62.1%, so as you can imagine this will be an absolutely epic Islay whisky.

Please note that Octomore 12.3 is Strictly Maximum 1 Bottle per Customer.






Octomore 12.3 The Impossible Equation

Country Scotland
Region Islay
Distilled Year 2015
Age 5
Limited Edition Yes
Cask Type First Fill American Whiskey Casks & PX Sherry Casks
PPM 118.1
Bottle Size 70cl
ABV 62.1%


Tasting Notes

Colour: Light polished copper.

Character: The PX casks bring a luxurious dried fruit style, sweet and rich. This layers beautifully with the rich phenols and light marine notes.

Nose: Light sherry notes of fig, raisin and dates with charcoal, boot polish smoky notes set the tone for this dram. Light, fresh citrus honey notes from the spirit, intense floral notes of honeysuckle and orange blossom burst from the glass and then dark toffee, milk chocolate and vanilla from the oak add depth to the aromas. Smoked grain, seaweed, linseed oil and tobacco come as the whisky continues to open.

Palate: Peppery nasturtium flowers, dark chocolate, earthy peat smoke and those sherry fruits rush across the palate at first. The Peat smoke and the dried fruit dominate and then comes the barley sugar and charred oak, releasing those rich toffee and tobacco notes. Sweet pastry and toasted grain then more sooty earthy peat smoke.

Finish: Charcoal, soot and dried figs. Salted lemons and bitter chocolate. 


Take 10% off your first order when you sign up to our newsletter. Offers, discount codes, VIP products and selected products can't be used in conjunction with each other.