Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Bottled By The Alistair Walker Whisky Company 9x1.5cl
Join Whisky-Online and our host Alistair Walker, the founder of The Alistair Walker Whisky Company, from the comfort of your own home for a virtual tasting.
Alistair will be taking us through no fewer than nine (9) exceptional single cask whiskies from his Infrequent Flyer range. Five of these whiskies will be from the soon-to-be-released batch 6 and the remaining four whiskies will be from previous releases.
This virtual tasting will be a great insight into how indie bottlers work and will also tell the story of Alistair's journey in the whisky industry from his sales and marketing role at Burn Stewart in the mid 90's, through his years at Benriach Distillers and up to his present-day work.
Date: Friday 28th May 2021
Time: 19:30 BST
Where: Virtual tasting via Zoom
How it works and what you get:
1. Order a tasting pack here.
2. Your pack containing x9 1.5cl drams will then be shipped out to you the week before the tasting, along with an email with the zoom link and a 10% discount code.
3. On 28th May 2021 click the link at 19:15 BST (to allow for any technical issues you may encounter) and you will be accepted into the tasting.
4. Relax and get ready to pour, listen, taste, and ask as many questions as you wish.
*Please note that the 10% off voucher can only be redeemed on the full-size bottle versions of the whiskies tasted on the evening from Whisky-Online Shop and will be valid for 5 days from the date of the tasting.
*Please note that it is advisable to familiarise yourself with Zoom prior to the tasting. If you would like assistance with this please email tim@whisky-Online.com. Please do not leave this until the day of the tasting.
Allt-A-Bhainne 2005 14 Year Old (Refill Puncheon)
Deanston 2009 10 Year Old (Rye Barrel)
Undisclosed Islay Distillery 2006 12 Year Old (Hogshead).
Undisclosed Speyside Distillery 1992 28 Year Old (Virgin Oak).
Miltonduff 2009 11 Year Old (PX Sherry Puncheon).
Glenturret (Ruadh Maor) 2010 10 Year Old (Marsala Hogshead).
Royal Brackla 2006 14 Year Old (Chinquapin Oak Barrel).
Benrinnes 2007 14 Year Old (Refill Hogshead).
Croftengea 2005 16 Year Old (PX Sherry Puncheon).
- Born 1974 in Alexandria, Dunbartonshire – real whisky territory there.
- My whisky journey started in Jan 1997 when I joined Burn Stewart Distillers (then owners of the Tobermory and Deanston single malt distilleries, and of brands like Scottish Leader Blended Whisky and Wallace Liqueur). Worked there in sales & marketing until 2003.
- Joined the BenRiach Distillery Co as sales & marketing director in 2004, which was set up after my father (Billy) and his two South African business partners got together to purchase the BenRiach Distillery from Pernod Ricard.
- Enjoyed 12 years at BenRiach, during which time we acquired the GlenDronach and Glenglassaugh Distilleries, as well as the Newbridge botting facility just outside Edinburgh.
- That business was eventually sold to Brown-Forman in 2016, and a few months later I decided to leave.
- Set up on my own in 2018 as an independent bottler (The Alistair Walker Whisky Co). We bottle single casks under the Infrequent Flyers label and released our 1st batch of cask bottlings in the summer of 2019. The company is based in Grangemouth, Central Scotland.