Coming Soon - Fettercairn Warehouse 2 Batch 002

Fettercairn, New Arrivals, VIP Club -

Coming Soon - Fettercairn Warehouse 2 Batch 002

We’re excited to announce the imminent arrival of a new special release from Fettercairn distillery! Fettercairn Warehouse 2 Batch 002 is nearly upon us and will be available very soon.

Fettercairn’s branding has had a major revamp since 2018 and under the ownership of Emperador, who took over Fettercairn's parent company Whyte & Mackay a few years earlier, the distillery is now enjoying a revival. Fettercairn’s single malt has had a much needed overhaul as well in the last few years, with a huge amount of the spirit being stored at the distillery’s 14 dunnage warehouses being re-racked into better casks.

The new Fettercairns released since 2018 - known as The Collection - have shown the fruits of all this effort and have demonstrated a big improvement over some of the rather lacklustre official bottlings from yesteryear, and 2021 has seen the launch of a new offshoot range for the Fettercairn Collection - the Warehouse 2 series.  

The incoming new release is Fettercairn Warehouse 2 Batch 002, and is a small batch single malt whisky from the 2009 vintage bottled at 48.5% without chill filtration. 62% of the casks used for Warehouse 2 Batch 002 were first fill bourbon wood, while the remaining 38% were first fill American rye whiskey casks, giving the final whisky a rye spice boost alongside the traditional bourbon notes of cinnamon and vanilla.  

Fettercairn Warehouse 2 Batch 002 will be available via our VIP Club on the 27th of August - sign up for our mailing list and follow us on Facebook for more details nearer the time.


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published